Tuesday, August 23, 2005

She Did

Just saw the American reality show, and Glennis definitely slept with that guy. He's exactly the type she would go for before she got married: limp and all wet. The show itself is awful, the typical overacting and ridiculous conflicts, and because its American its ridiculously overproduced and overedited. Nonetheless, I am posting a link here, but mostly to show off my newfound html powers. The premise is to get a bunch of spoiled brats out in cowboy country and embarass them as much as possible. A noble premise, and I can hardly believe that people signed on for this. There's some mention of "giving to charity" but it's very apparent that these kids are just hoping to be the next Hilton, even if it means washing their hair with water from a bucket.

Didn't sleep again last night, made some green tea which doesn't help with insomnia, but does help with the headaches. Am seriously thinking of plundering Pop's stash in the cellar, but I have to be careful. Dad is a horticulturist of sorts and has so many bloody plants that I can't tell them apart. The good stuff is locked away, so might have to make do with what I can find in the freezer. He gets pretty mad if I mess up his collection. Once he chased me out of there with an umbrella. He almost got me a couple times, which is pretty impressive considering how fat he's become.

Glennis is painting again and Beno is in the city. I swear Beno is as bored out here as I am, but he pretends he enjoys it. I think he likes pretending he's lord of the manor, especially since Pop could give a fuck what happens around here. I asked for some tea and Helen said there wasn't any milk because we didn't extend our credit at the store, or some nonsense like that. Having nothing better to do, I set about trying to fix it, but you wouldn't believe what a production that was without Beno. Mother was too busy getting ready for some charity event and didn't know which store or which credit. Pop was clueless as usual and irritated that I'd even bothered him. I decided to give Helen some cash so she could send someone for milk and other groceries, but I didn't have any notes and had to go pillaging through purses and wallets to find it. Can someone explain how we have ten bedrooms and no milk OR cash??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home